There are many reasons why you should consider updating or replacing your windows. Let’s see some of them:
1| Your wooden windows are old and outdated and you need to upgrade the façade of your home
2| You are thinking to sale your house and therefore you want to increase its value.
3| Your windows are old and damaged and you should tight seals, which will means energy savings
4| You want to change the house look – curb appeal.
However, the most important reason seems to be their energy efficiency. Old wooden windows may have loose or broken seals. This is the major factor in losing heating in the cold season or gaining heating in the hot season. In a word, your home is far from to be an energy efficient house.
You can save a lot of money with modern energy efficient windows, not to mention their other admirable qualities such as easy maintenance, impressive noise reduction, much safer (for your children) with their special locking systems, etc.
It is simple to find an accurate estimate for replacing or renovating your home windows. You should only, to fill a form online and you can obtain relatively quickly the estimates.
These estimates depend of the kind of job that you suppose to have.
1. Renovating or Replacing Estimates – in case you wish and you have the necessary skills to do yourself the job.
2. Trade & Installation Estimates – if you will hire a professional company to do the job
3. Made to Measure – this is only for online inquires
4. One at a Time or Whole House Lots – this is for small job or for the entire house
5. Coordinated Contractors (electricians, plumbers, painters, windows specialists) – this is a difficult task; it requires a precise coordination of all contractors
As you can see there are estimates for easy and simply jobs, as replacing a window and but also there are estimates for difficult projects that can involve the coordination of a different kind of contractors.
You can find different kinds of windows on the market:
1. Awning: They have a hinge at the top and open outward
2. Casement: They have a hinge at their side and open outward (crank)
3. Double-Hung: Open vertically with a sliding sash
4. Gliding: Open horizontally with a sliding sash
5. Picture/Fixed: Stationary windows that complement other mobile ones
6. Bay Windows: There are window combinations that either extend outward or can create a curve
7. Paladian: A group of three windows with an arch over the center
When it comes to window materials, you should take in consideration the aesthetic aspect, the climate of area where you live and not in the last time your budget.
We can list some: Aluminum, Vinyl, Wood, Fiberglass, Steel, Cladding or Plastic