Venetian Stucco or Venetian Marble Polished Plaster and Your Home
If you want a modern and refined interior for your home, then you can decorate it with Venetian stucco. This amazing and luxurious pattern of decorative interior painting mimics the polished marble with a shiny and satin finish.
It is a type of paint suitable for ceiling, columns, walls and any interior surfaces, even those subject to high humidity, but not in direct contact with the water.
Unfortunately, there is not a type of painting that can be applied by anyone. It has a fairly high degree of difficulty, requiring time, patience and above all, skills.
Venetian Marble Polished Plaster, as it is also known Venetian Stucco can be applied on concrete, brick, wood, metal and other surfaces by skilled and experienced painters.
But let’s see though, which is the basic principle of this particular type of decoration.
- First of all, interior surfaces that we want to apply Venetian stucco must be clean, dry and smooth, dust or other impurities.
- We ensure that the surface is perfectly dry.
- On the support surface is applied one or two light coats of primer paint specially designed for marble effect. Companies that sell products for Venetian stucco will recommend the best brands in the industry, depending on the surface type.
- After the primer has dried, and after choosing the desired color, we can start applying the first coat of Venetian stucco. You should know that all the paint coats are applied with a trowel, which is held in ascending angles (30, 45 degrees).
- We let it dry according to the manufacturer’s instructions and then we can apply a second thin coat of paint.
- The last layer, the third will be the thinnest. However, it is extremely important to respect the drying time between coats, as recommended by manufacturer.
- Finally, we must obtain a smooth and uniform surface. However, any irregularities can be sanded with very fine sandpaper.
- The last layer is smoothed with the edge of the trowel to obtain specific luster.
- Finally, it is applied a layer of wax which has a protective role for the finish, and also accentuates the gloss effect. Wax also confers resistance to washing with water and detergents.
In terms of colors, red is the most spectacular, but we can opt for warm shades of beige, brown, or other colors, depending on the interior design of your home.