I’m sure you love your cat and want her to be happy. Your gentleness, your care for her and food are the main factors that make a cat to have a happy life in your home.
But that is not all. It is known that the cat is a very clean animal, so she prefers to have among other things, a clean litter box. A clean litter box will certainly make your cat happy. So if you want your cat to be happy, you have to be sure that her litter box is always clean. It’s actually your job the cleaning of the litter box.
Let’s look at some tips that can help you to keep your cat’s litter box clean, eliminating the possibility of unpleasant odors.
1. First of all, the cleaning and maintenance of a clean litter box must be carried out daily. There is no another method that can help you get rid of this chore. So, clean the cat litter box daily. In this way you will be sure that it will not smell bad.
2. Manufacture or buy or a litter box with high edges. The high edges will prevent your cat to spread sand from the litter box through the room.
3. Wash regularly the litter box. It can be washed weekly with warm water and vinegar to neutralize the strong smell of urine.
4. Vacuum and wash around the litter regularly to avoid getting any dirt that may be taken then on the slippers and scattered all over the house.
5. Before filling the litter with sand, sprinkle a layer of baking soda that can cover the less pleasant odors.
6. However, a smart idea is to use two sand boxes for your cat. Place them in different places to give your pet two options, thus avoiding a litter box to be too loaded especially if you have no time to clean it daily.
7. Be careful where you place the litter box. If it is placed in a too tight place or where the cat may feel threatened your pet might not use it and will prefer the floor next to the litter box. Make sure that the litter box is placed in a clean, relatively free of noise place, and easy to get to it.
8. Avoid at any cost the covered litter boxes that are like cages. They are not spacious and can hold the unpleasant odors inside, creating an obvious discomfort for your cat.
9. If your budget allows, buy hygienic sand with pine or lavender smell.